Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Missing Mummy - Chapters 4-10

Well, if you're reading this, it means you have finished reading the first book for Battle of the Books this year. I think you'll agree that even though The Missing Mummy was pretty easy to read, it was still interesting. This was a good warm-up for us, because the books will only get longer and harder from here on out. Now that you have finished, take a minute to think about the book and answer these questions.
  • If you had to describe each of the main characters using only one word, which word would best tell about Dink? How about Josh? Ruth Rose?
  • Did it surprise you when the thieves returned to steal the gold from the museum?
  • Did you figure out what the white stripe around one thief's legs was before the book actually told you?
  • As you were reading, where did you think the thieves hid the gold? Was your guess right?
  • Did you think that the smell Josh noticed was important? Did the smell help the kids solve the mystery?
  • Why was the pebble that Josh found in chapter 8 important?
  • Were you surprised at who turned out to be the main thief?
  • In your opinion, which was the most important clue, the smell, the stripe, the pebble, or Dink's dream? Why do you think so?

16 comments:

  1. I would describe Dink as curious,and Josh as always hungry.Last but not least Ruth Rose to me is very intellagent. It certainly did,because they were brave enogh to steal and run then set a bomb off at the muesuem when everybody was there to whitness it.Actullay I didn't I was pretty confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I think would describe Dink is adventure.
    What I think would describe Josh is funny.
    What I think would describe Ruth rose is brave.
    The smell Josh found helped by catching Aunt Freda.
    Yes and why would Dr.Tweed steal the gold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Ruth Rose is smart and I think Josh is always hungry. I think Dink is very curious. Yes I thought all they were going to do was sell the mummy and keep the money. I thought it might be just a design on the thieves pants. I thought the thieves hid it at one of their houses. I did think it was important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh is the only one that can eat a pizza after lunch.
    yes because a think it is oveest because when the lady stole the mummy.
    I think that ment that they were from prison
    Ithink that they hid it in the in the sewer.
    I think that helped the kids because it was a bom smell.
    Because the pepbel that Josh found because it had something on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were going to describe dink I would say mysterious. I would discribe josh as hungry. I would discribe Ruth Rose as adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it did surprise me when the thieves came back to steel the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yo creo que rihs rose estaban mu gustosos por ber la momia pero cuando llegaron la momia no estaba la que se abia robado la momia ella estaba en el baño los niños no pudieron ber la momia los niños se beian curiosos.la momia balia mucho dinero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.I would put for Dink a D for Ruth Rose a R and for Josh a J.2.Yes it did surpise me becaus they already have stolen the mummy.3.No but I think it was a bandage.4.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If i could describe them in one word ruth rose would be adventures and josh starving also dink would be com it sort of surprised me when they stoled the mummy.Yes the white strip was the ladies apron.My guess was right they hid the gold in the big hevey black bag.Yes it was because he smelled french fries and they went to the place across the street because it was a french fri place thats how they knew it was the girl with short black hair.It matched the pebles on the flore.Yes because no one would ever guess the person who stool it.dinks dream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my opinion in chapter eight is the pebble

    ReplyDelete
  11. It id srprised me becase they went to rob to the same place again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did'nt figure out what was the white stripe in the tiefs leg before the book told me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my opinion the white stripe was the most important clue ,I think it because they might see someone with some pants with a white stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It did surprise me ho was the tief because she worked at the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It did surprise me when they came to steel the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know what was the stripe in the thiefs leg until I read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I'll check it and try to get it posted within 24 hours.

¡Gracias por su comentario! Intentaré revisarlo y publicarlo dentro de 24 horas.